Monday, October 29, 2012

Myth: Done Media: In pogress

Mythology is done with and I'm happy about it. However, I did learn new things about mythology. I realized that myths are still in our literacy. They just have modern twists to them. It's pretty cool. I was happy when I figured out the sacred place could be related to Holes because the myth talked about how the water would heal the sickness, but only if he went back to see the mysterious woman. The same concept can be applied to Holes because the main character carried the young boy up the mountains to drink the water from the river while singing to him. He followed through what his great-great-grandfather was supposed to do, forever releasing his family from the curse.

Now we have to think about how media influences the classroom. My group has some interesting ideas and I can't wait to explore more about that. I do believe that media and technology are changing the environment of the classrooms. The students are no longer able to pay attention to lessons. They seem to be hands-on more and want to do something that involves graphics, videos, music, etc. I wonder how my class will develop their ideas based on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment