Thursday, September 6, 2012

Song vs. Poem


How does one compare a song to a poem? One must be able to look at the song lyrics and listen to the song the way that someone would look at a poem. We have to be able to look at the lyrics and see if there are different aspects of a poem within the song.

My examples will be a little bit different than my other classmates as I will be analyzing a man who signs the songs that are popular along with visuals that will match the song's meaning. Then I will also look at the song itself, who was the original singer, and analyze that. Then I will compare both and see if his perspective was the same as mine. the reason why I'm doing this is so that I can have a better understanding of what the song feels like by looking at how he embodies the song since I can't hear everything the song says.

I noticed that this song can be compared to the poems because there's rhyme and then there's the innuendo. If You Seek Amy translates to "F U C K ME". That obviously means that this song is about sex and there are other mentions in this song that relates to that. There is also repetition that emphasizes the point that if all the boys and all the girls see her then they would hate her. The idea of a pretty girl that everyone hates because they love her. Sound is used in this song because the sound of how things are pronounced allows for different translations. Such as the phrase "If You Seek Amy".


This is the video with the song and lyrics.




This is the video by Chase (the guy's name) interpreted in ASL.

Hope you enjoyed this interpretation of the song. I love this song because of how funny the message is about sex and pretty girls getting what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment